Saturday 27 October 2012

Non - Sense


I was having a conversation with Ben in the car today.
“How many senses are there?” he asks.
“Five” I say.
“No there aren’t, there are way more than that” he counters.
He likes to ask me things in that way. He knows I’ll come up with an answer that he can then contradict.
“What other senses are there then?” I challenge.
I mishear what he is saying from his position in the back of the car, and laugh out loud.
“Sense of humour, that is a good one.”
“I didn’t say that,” he says irritably
“What did you say then?”
“Sense of heat”
“That is not one” I tell him “that is just touch”
“What about knowing where parts of your body are without even looking?”
“Surely that is sense of touch too”
“Not if they are just in the air and not touching anything.”
“Well, I guess that is just an awareness of self, but it isn’t really a separate sense.”
“And there is the sixth sense” he finishes.
OK, smarty pants, I’ll give you that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment