Tuesday 22 November 2011

Musical Interlude

“How old is McDonalds?” asks Emilia “Did they have McDonalds when you were a kid?”

This conversation over breakfast before school, whilst I am hanging washing, led to the children collectively coming up with a song, sung more than once, with more than one version but the gist was this:

Old McDonald had a farm
E.I.E.I.O

I know you are thinking it is not very original so far but...

On his farm he had some;

Chickens....for chicken nuggets

Potatoes....for chips

Tomatoes...for ketchup

Ham......

“Ham?” I ask
“Yes, for hamburgers”
“Well, they’re beef really”  I correct.

“OK,  Cows... for hamburgers”

E.I.E.I.O

Then he got rich and bought a restaurant....

E.I.E.I.O

“Brilliant. Right, NOW, go and get ready for school”

Also, that morning I had to remember to return some pants belonging to a boy in Patrick’s class (he’d borrowed them when he stayed unexpectedly for a sleepover.) 

On sorting the washing I put them to one side saying “They are Shunyun’s pants.”

“Let me see” says Patrick, examining them for a name label and sounding out, “D.E.B.E.N.H.A.M.S ....I can’t read it Mummy, but they are not Shunyun’s”

No comments:

Post a Comment